BCCS is a school where every child has the ability to reach his/her true potential within a diverse community of learners. As each student brings his/her unique strengths and challenges, our teachers strive to teach in a variety of ways to tap into those strengths.
We strongly believe in instruction that is assessment driven and requires children to be actively engaged in their own education.
We fully understand that “one size does not fit all.” Keeping this in mind, our philosophy and culture support a standards-based education that is challenging and focused on the individual learner.
We believe that children need to understand the importance and consequences of their choices. We therefore carefully guide our students to become actively involved in their social growth, teaching them to be responsible for themselves and respectful of others.
We understand the importance of demonstrating, not demanding, what children need to do to become successful learners.
BCCS daily instills in each child the desire to learn by:
- letting each child progress at his/her own rate using positive reinforcement
- emphasizing how to work with one another and to enjoy each other’s talents
- stressing development of critical thinking and inquiry rather than rote learning
- having parents participate in school activities and participate in the daily running of the school thru our Leading Learners, BCCS Village helpers, SLT & our dynamic PTA to inquiry about how you can be apart please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- avoiding competitive, racist, or sexist mindsets
- making school work a challenge, not a frustration
- giving students and teachers the opportunity to set goals, develop projects, and evaluate them jointly
- encourage the mixing of age levels within the school so that children can help one another
- stressing that with freedom comes responsibility, both to oneself and to others.